Thursday, February 17, 2011

Robert's Top 10 List of 2010 - Music (Albums)

Music is a very subjective thing. It can affect people in different ways, and everyone has their own personal tastes. The same could be said for any form of art, but for some reason I feel like music is the most important. 2010 was an amazing year for music, with a lot of incredible albums. I listened to a lot, saw a lot of shows, but ultimately this list reflects what I played the most on my iPod and what I chose to pull from the most when making my mix CDs last year. Keep in mind I listen to mostly indie, alternative and electronic music with some rap every now and again. Also if you've never heard any of these songs, I've got you covered with music videos so you can have a little taste. If you like what you hear please support these awesome bands by getting their albums (if you don't have them already). So, without further adieu, I present my Top 10 Albums of 2010:

10. Yeasayer - Odd Blood





9. Big Boi - Sir Lucius Left Foot, The Son of Chico Dusty






8. Broken Bells - Broken Bells






7. Vampire Weekend - Contra






6. Local Natives - Gorilla Manor





5. Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz






4. Gorillaz - Plastic Beach






3. Of Montreal - False Priest






2. Surfer Blood - Astro Coast






1. LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening





Runners Up: The Walkmen - Lisbon, Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest, Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid, The Black Keys - Brothers, Arcade Fire - The Suburbs, Shit Robot - From the Cradle to the Rave, Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment