Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DVD and BluRay Releases for February 22nd, 2011

Happy Tuesday! On to the DVDs:







Armless is the story of a married couple who is going through problems because the wife thinks her husband is hiding something...he is, he wants to cut his arms off.


I'm hoping this a dark, quirky, dramedy, but I'm not going to give it too much credit.



Glenn the Flying Robot sounds like a title of a children's movie or something like that, but after watching the trailer it seems worst...or better...so bad its good?

The CGI for Glenn is laughable, the beginning of the trailer made the movie seem like a sci-fi romantic, psychological drama, then (out of no-where) a flying robot fight scene between the bronze Glenn and another yellow robot.

Its like Bicentennial Man, but not as good.

Hell, I'd still watch it.



Psych: 9...dumb name...enough to make me think the movie's dumb.


However, I MIGHT watch it.....just because Cary Elwes (of Robin Hood: Men in Tights and The Princess Bride fame) is in it...


But then again, he's in two movies listed above (both of which I own) I could just watch those.




I'm not going to say a thing, I don't want to give anything away about the plot of Season 6.


So, just to let you know, Weeds: Season 6 is out on DVD and BluRay today, so go get it.

Now.


All-Star Superman. Yes, its a cartoon, but when I tell you the all-star cast (which I am geeking out about right now) you'll sooooo want to get it too!

Christina Hendricks (from Mad Men) ------------------------------- Lois Lane
Anthony LaPaglia (the cop friend from So I Married an Axe Murder) ---- Lex
Edward "Ed" Asner (legend) --------------------------------------- Perry White
James Denton (Desperate Housewives) ----------------- Clark Kent/Superman
Linda Cardellini (Scooby Doo) ------------------------------ Nasthalthia Luthor
Alexis Denisof (Buffy and Angel) ---------------------------- Dr. Leo Quintum
There are a few more "Oh, that guy," moments on the imdb page, but these are my favorites.


Happy watching!


-uglyrikki

2 comments: