Sunday, February 27, 2011

The 83rd Annual Academy Awards (Part 1)

So it's starting soon.

The Oscars.


I wanted to take a look at where nerdy movies stand in something as epic as the Academy Awards.




There are only a few movies or franchises that come to mind when I think of nerds + the oscars.

Of course there is The Lord of the Rings trilogies, which all got nominated here and there and won quite a few as well. Last year's Avatar, which I personally didn't like, but you can feel free to love it all you want.

Which brings me to my next point: My generation is the comeback of the nerds...dare I say the "Revenge of the Nerds?" We demand more comic book films, video game films, and remakes!

The Academy voters are full of stuffy old men, will they understand when my generation gets the films we've been waiting for? Will they view movies like The Avengers, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Superman: Man of Steel as serious contenders for something as coveted as an Oscar?






I highly doubt it.


-uglyrikki

3 comments:

  1. I doubt it too. If I had to use one word to describe the Oscars, it would be "artsy." You should start your own award show for comic book movies!

    Whitney =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Whitney.

    Challenge accepted! The Busters Awards will come out soon!

    ReplyDelete